Handiloans are affordable short-term loans that provide a simple and affordable alternative to high-cost payday lenders.
- Choose your loan amount between £100 and £400.
- Select your repayment period between 1 and 3 months.
- Low interest rates of 42.6% APR so our typical interest on a £400 loan payable over 1 month will be just £12.
- No early repayment charges.
- You can choose our same day payment options so your money is transferred into your bank account quickly.
- Your repayments are automatically taken via Continuous Payment Authority from your debit card so you don't have to do anything.
- You also become a member of Leeds Credit Union giving you access to a range of ethical savings, affordable loans and other financial services.
How much could you save with a Handiloan?
Credit unions can only charge a maximum interest rate of 42.6% APR, which means we are one of the cheapest places for a short-term loan.
The example below shows how much you could save if you take out a Handiloan instead of a typical instalment loan.
||Typical payday loan
|Number of months
|Optional same day payment
| could save you £263 in interest charges
Who can apply?
You can only apply for a HandiLoan if you either:
You must also:
- Live or Work in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate or Craven OR
- Work for one of the following employers.
- Are a current resident of Affinity Sutton Group or Circle Housing.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have a bank account with a debit card.
- Not previously been declared bankrupt.
- Have a regular income of over £12,000 per annum.
- Agree to a credit check.
- You have a valid UK debit card.
- Your current account has a Direct Debit facility